Water safety is important at 7C’s Swim School!
We believe above all that children and adults should know and understand the rules and techniques required to float and swim in any water condition.
We are committed to making children and adults safe in and near water. The effective use of technique is essential for safe swimming, especially because our community is virtually surrounded by water ways. Our primary objective for beginning swimmers is to prepare them for the aquatic atmosphere. We focus on overall comfort in the water and basic safety; holding onto the wall, surfacing and reaching for the wall, etc. We cover these skills as the swimmer learns to float. As the swimmer progresses we focus on proper technique and efficiency in all types of water. Correctly performing a stroke will not only contribute to one’s enjoyment of swimming as a form of exercise, but it can also be a life-saving skill.
There are many simple, water safety rules that you can teach children to ensure their safety in or near water:
Water Safety Rules:
- Learn to swim
- Never swim alone
- No glass containers around a pool or spa
- No diving in shallow water
- No Running or Horseplay
- Keep all electrical appliances away from the pool or spa
- Don’t jump in the water to save someone who is in trouble; throw something to them for assistance
- Only swim in clear weather, and head for cover when a storm threatens
- Know your local emergency number: 911